Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Faith the Size of a Mustard Seed

For the past 8 months or so I have been dealing with some health issues-new and old.  It has been a long journey that will hopefully come to an end this week.  Many, many years ago I was diagnosed with Acid Reflux disease and it seems that no medicine will help.  My doctor suggests giving up all the foods that I love, which will never happen.  So this week I go in to have an EGD done.  I haven't been nervous about it because I know that I am a child of God and everything will be fine...I'm praying that God guides the hands of the doctors that will be performing the procedure and that they don't punch a hole in my esophagus! 

It is outpatient but they have to give me anesthesia - I. Hate. That. Stuff.  It seems like it always takes me days to recover from being out and I am a woman on a mission, I have things to do! LOL

So the second issue - which I have to admit made me a little nervous...but that too is in His hands...is a Cystoscopy.  Last year I was hospitalized because some freak strain of bacteria decided to torment my urinary tract.  I have never been one to spas out at the sight of a needle, but let me tell you, when you see the size of the needle and they tell you they are going to stick you in the tuckus...man oh man.  So this procedure will also be done this week.

Both procedures are outpatient and don't require any cutting or anything so I should be good to go.

I ask all of you to keep me and the doctors in your prayers.

He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20

I am thanking God in advance for moving these mountains.

**UPDATE**
The first procedure went without a hitch!  No tumors, cancer or any of that stuff so to God be the glory!! The next day I had some severe side pain though.  So I ended up calling out of work and resting most of the day.

The second procedure went fine, but some discoveries were made like...I have a hernia and a tremendous amount of swelling in my esophagus.  The doctor stopped the medicine I had been taking for like 6 years.  Only thing about good ole Uncle Sam...the hurry up and wait principle.  The procedure was done last Friday, it's currently Wednesday and I have yet to receive my meds.  What does this mean?  Pain. Horrible pain.  It feels like a wild fire is burning in my chest and nothing will put it out.  I have been forced to go on an almost completely liquid diet because anything solid irritates my throat and sets my chest on fire.  Meds should be here in the next four days. *Fingers crossed*

I thank everyone that has kept me in their prayers and I continue to keep you in mine.
Blessings =)

No comments :

Post a Comment