Monday, May 2, 2011

Natural Wonders

Hello to all my readers!  This past  weekend was the World's Natural Hair Show in Atlanta.  I was unable to make it last year so I was overly excited about going this year.  So me and the girls hit the road.  As I am a lover of most things Atlanta, this trip did not disappoint.  We did some clubbing and some grubbing.  Friday night club scene was at Cream Ultra Lounge.  Aside from the bartender trying to give herself a 15 dollar tip...I enjoyed the night.  Then it was off to some late night grub at R. Thomas Deluxe Grill (love those wings and that magic stuffed potato)!

So then came Saturday.  We hit up the flea market, visited some friends and then headed to the Georgia International Convention Center.  It was so jam packed that a police was blocking entrance into the parking lot...no biggie.  We just parked across the street and walked.  Reliving this makes me want to cry...once we got into the convention center we were informed that the event was OVER CAPACITY and they were not letting anyone else in.  I. Was. Bummed.  They told us to make sure to come back on Sunday {Early} so that we could be guaranteed admission.

Unfortunately we were heading back to Columbia on Sunday so that wasn't an option for us.  So once again I missed the festivities.  :(  However, I have enjoyed looking at everyone's fabulous pictures.  So until next year...I continue to wonder how lovely of an event it is.

I am thankful for my friends that will hop on the road with me at the drop of a dime and even more thankful for those that let us crash at your spot!!!


No comments :

Post a Comment