Thursday, September 29, 2011

Watchers of the Weight


As the never-ending saga that it is...I have gained back all the weight that I lost at the beginning of the summer! I would like to say it is all my mom's fault for her always cooking food that I can't resist, but truth be told I can't blame anyone but myself this time around. Today my cousin told me that I am the reason "fat girls" commit suicide...I beg to differ. I think we all have struggles and that anyone that is not happy about their weight should do something about it...in a healthy manner of course. Whether that be to gain weight or to lose it.

I stand at 5 feet 11 inches and I guess to other folks I carry my weight well. I only have a problem when I have to lay down and button my pants or the waist of my pants (or the button) leaves an impression in my flub...or as in the latest case...I bend over (forward) and break a zipper! So as my number on the scale reaches closer to 200 I have once again decided it's time to make a change. I don't want to lose 50 pounds, but I would love to once again be able to wear a fitted tee and not worry about if my pooch is protruding or if my back fat looks like a pack of sausages.

I have tried some healthy...and not so healthy ways of losing weight and have come to the conclusion that my problem is sheer laziness. I like to eat and I like to lie down and watch TV...sometimes multitasking and doing both!

 At my place of employment we have started a Weight Watchers @ Work program on the new Points Plus system and we are currently in week 2. So far I find that it is just a glorified way of counting calories without actually counting calories. I think the most important thing is to be conscious of what you put in your mouth. Writing down everything that you consume makes you accountable and most people don't want to see fried chicken, french fries and Pepsi knowing that is probably consuming all the calories they are supposed to eat in a full day...and yes I did just tell on myself LOL.

It. Takes. Energy. Energy to cook, to write, to find how many points a meal consists of, and finding recipes that you don't have to do calculations for~which you still have to double check.



I admit that I am skeptical and at this very moment I feel like I'm wasting money...but I did lose 3 pounds this week (most of which I think was water retention from my least favorite auntie visiting). Also, my scale at home reads me 3 pounds lighter than the WW Rep's scale. I'm going to stick out this 10 weeks and see how it works. Crazy thing is that I need to work out and I know it! I'm super-duper lazy!! I plan to start P90X soon though. The last time I tried it I made it 2 days and felt like I was going to die! LOL

So I will tell you like I tell myself (in my head)...be happy in the skin you are in. If you aren't happy, only YOU have the power to change it. So instead of complaining while eating a Krispy Kreme donut and saying you need to do something...put the donut down and do it!!

Find your happiness and don't let anyone take it away from you! Get healthy, Stay healthy, and BE HAPPY!!


XOXO

RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment