Tuesday, September 27, 2011

While YOU Are Working Help Me Be Still...

I still consider myself to be a youth in Christ. I still have so much to learn and everyday is a new struggle. But I am trying. Recently I have been going through a lot of internal turmoil and instead of running to my friends and/or family, I turned to God. I've always been a prayerful person, but this time it was something different. I turned off everything, tv, radio lights, etc. and I got down on my knees and opened my mouth. Not knowing what was going to come out...I let go of every emotion that I had been keeping bottled up and I cried like a hungry baby with a wet diaper. He fed me and removed the soil. So often we put our faith in people...and almost every time they let us down.

I'm a person that thrives on relationships and put love of my friends and family up so high that when someone hurts my feelings the fall is devastating and heart breaking. That is something I am learning to change. I have to stop depending on man to be faithful to me. I know that a relationship with God is key. I can always count on Him to comfort me and give me strength...after all, he knows my thoughts before I even think them. I'm learning to control impulses of the flesh. Afterall, I am seeking His Kingdom. Jesus was the only perfect being to walk this Earth. I think the more we realize that the better off we will be.

“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33 NIV

Pray for me as I pray for you.

Sending Chockl8Kisses,
Ronisha

No comments :

Post a Comment