Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Sprinkle of Sugar

Oh I’m so in LOVE!!!

A few months ago I purchased myself a Kitchen Aid stand mixer…and today I finally broke it free from the jail of a box it was held captive in! OMG! I don’t know what I was waiting on! Anyone that knows me knows just how much I love to cook. Baking has never been my thing, but I’m getting into it more and more. I’ve surprised myself with some of the creations that have managed to come out of my oven.

Well, this mixer makes it so much easier! I’ve had inferior mixers before and always ended up reverting to a hand mixer…but not this time! While the mixer was a bit pricey, today it has proved to already be worth it. I made the best butter cream icing I think I've ever had!

Revival starts at my church tomorrow and I was pegged to bring desserts. While most people undoubtedly just head to the bakery at their local supermarket, I had absolutely no plans and was ambitious enough to make everything...from scratch!
So what all did I make? A carrot cake, oatmeal raisin cookies, chocolate chip cookies, another cookie that I made up, red velvet cupcakes and another cupcake that was supposed to be red velvet but tastes more chocolaty.

While I have yet to construct my own recipes {Food Network saves me} I see it in my near future as I have some spare time on my hands [I finally finished my MBA-YAY]. I have even thought of a name for my bakery J! Well it would probably be more of a cafĂ© that serves small bites and tasty treats…maybe my dear friend Tamela and I could partner up…{hint, hint}.

Now for the magic question…What on Earth am I supposed to do with all this leftover butter cream icing?!
I'm taking donations from anyone wanting to donate so I can get some of the cool attachments!!

As my aching feet are screaming at me to be soaked…I will conclude this post.

Sending all my love and Chocolate Kisses

XOXO

RoJo










No comments :

Post a Comment