Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Words Can Mean So Much

I recently have grown quite fond of someone…but it is a very complex situation with more angles and turns than a maze. In evaluating myself and my feelings for him I began to ask myself “What do I want out of life and love?” In asking that question, I realized some words that mean a lot to me. I won’t list out all of their definitions, but they each were significant enough to make my list. My beau often asks why I care so much…and sometimes I don’t think he sees the beauty that lies within him. We haven’t made any type of commitment to each other, but he means so much to me and often it is hard to put my feelings to words. But just in case he is reading this…know that you have a very special place in my heart and with each passing day it grows.

My Words
Adoration
Courage
Faith
Love
Motivation
Passion
Reciprocity
Sacrifice
Simple
Strength 

My favorite of these words is Love. I think it can be simple, it can be passion filled, it has to be reciprocated in order to count and it takes so much courage…to love. I think most of my life I have been blinded by what I thought was love…but now I know that many of my relationships have been filled with many things, but never filled with love.

In order to love someone else, we must first love ourselves. After all, if you aren’t comfortable with you, how can anyone else be? With love comes sacrifice. The ultimate display of love {and sacrifice}…For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life [John 3:16]. What a sacrifice! I am guilty of always wanting things to go my way…sometimes at any cost. I am learning and growing daily. But, you don’t get paid if you don’t do any work…and love is work. I am now not only able, but willing to put in the necessary work. When it is time…if it is meant to be it will be. Until then, I will continue to enjoy this journey that we are on…and I pray that we are able to fulfill its purpose.
So…what do I want out of life? 1. I want to show God that I am grateful for His ultimate sacrifice and reciprocate that love. Being more like Him and less like me. 2. Love. Unyielding love. Eyes wide open love. 3. Success. There's more but I'll stop at 3.

What do I want out of love? Happiness, a love that is all mine, honesty, friendship, devotion, adoration…Simply, Love.

I realize that life {and love} will have ups and downs…but I think if you share life {and love} with the person that God made just for you…it will always be worth it. We should always make sure we love someone worth receiving our love and in turn that we are {in fact} worth loving.
Below is one of my favorite love songs…Love is You by Chrisette Michele. Dedicated to all who have found love and all that are still on the quest for love.



To all that take the time to read my blog, I thank you…and I love you!
XOXO

RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment