Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Fa-La-La-La-La

With the holiday season upon us, usually people (myself included) make New Year's resolutions. Making promises to ourselves to lose weight, have a better relationship with God, find a better job, get out of a bad situation, etc. This year, I'm not making a resolution. Instead I'm making a conscious effort to eliminate road blocks that I trap myself with. Yep, sometimes we have to get out of our own way.

I am very guilty of blocking myself from a lot of things...but in order to attain those things that I desire so much, I have to move on over out of the lane I am currently in. Albert Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I have been insane for about 15 years. Sad.

So as the holidays approach I am striving to get rid of negative energies around me...and yes this means that I may have to "break up" with some people I care about. I'm only giving breathing space to those who's air I don't mind breathing in...does that make sense? To me it does lol.

So first on my list is to not be so consumed with others that I forget to love and take care of my own sanity and well-being. What's next? I don't know...this one will take some time so I will only focus on one thing at a time.

As you may make resolutions, goals, or whatever you call them...think about what it means to YOU. Not what it means to anyone else...but how will it benefit you? Make sure the choices that you make are what makes you happy and what are best for you. The moment that I discovered clarity I realized just how much misery loves company. I'm not miserable, nor do I have a desire to be. There are many things in my life that I want to change, but I acknowledge that only I can say "Ok Ro...time to do this" and then do it. I used to complain so much about how I wish this or that could be different. Now I know in for it to be different I have  to get up off my rump and make it different. We all have to play the cards that we have been dealt, but we don't always have to hold the cards waiting for a full house (that may never come)...sometimes that pair just may win the game.

I thank God for clarity and serenity.

Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
forever in the next.
Amen.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment