Thursday, February 23, 2012

Food Review! J. Gumbo's

I tell you one thing, having to be on a liquid diet for a few weeks does wonders for the taste buds. My cravings for sweets drastically diminished--except for the occasional gummy bear or 10. But now I am really experiencing and loving food even more.

Today on my lunch break, a pal and I walked to the Masquerade sale being held at Palmetto Baptist Hospital. I knew I had to stop and get lunch and with so many downtown choices I had no idea of where to go. So me being me, I decided to stop in at one of the newer restaurants, J. Gumbo's.

Now I absolutely love Cajun food...from crawfish to etouffee' to po-boys to jambalaya. However, I'm always skeptical when the something says "authentic." This was a surprising wake up call to my taste buds though!

From the time you walk in you are hit with such pleasant aromas and you just want to eat everything! It took me a while to decide on which dish I would try (and I was told to pay attention to the heat levels--indicated by hot sauce bottles). I played it a little safe and went for the two-bottle Drunken Chicken. Served over a bed of rice with crusty, buttery, garlicky French bread. Triple YUM!

HUGE servings, for little prices. That always makes me happy. Now I don't have to cook dinner1

I was sooo pleased. I got my food to go and as a matter of fact it has only been a few minutes since I finished eating and already I'm blogging about it! Yummy. If you are in the downtown Columbia area I strongly recommend you try J. Gumbo's. Nothing fancy, just great food.

J. Gumbo's of SC, llc
1401 Sumter Street
(Corner of Washington and Sumter)
Columbia, SC 29201
803.748.8878


This was $7.62 after tax

Later taters!!
RoJo

UPDATE!! TODAY, 2/24/12 WATCH FOX DEALS HAS A COUPON FOR J. GUMBO'S!!! GET IT HERE!


No comments :

Post a Comment