Monday, February 27, 2012

I Made A Pie :)

A Pot-Pie that is!

A recent trip to Jason's Deli inspired my Sunday night meal. I ordered the Pot Pie Soup and it was less than stellar. It was flavorless...although I did enjoy the piece of puff pastry on the top.

So I decided to try my own quick and easy rendition just so I could get rid of the craving for a good one. It almost worked lol.

The only thing I didn't have on hand was pie crusts. And no I was not ambitious enough to turn my mixer on so I stopped to the store and bought some.

The first bowl I felt it was just OK, but it tasted much better for lunch today...next time I will definitely marinate the meat (and thaw it out lol).

A lazy meal that was very comforting...and easy...

I sauteed the chicken in olive oil, removed it from the pan. Added a pat of the smart balance and cooked the veggies.

then I chopped the chicken up and added it back to the pan. Added the gravy and simmered for 5 minutes.

Then I placed one of the pie crusts in the bottom of the dish, dumped everything in, and placed the other pie crust on the top. I wasn't concerned about aesthetics, only eating lol

I cut 3 slits in the top for the steam to escape and baked it at 425 (oh yeah preheat the oven) for 40 minutes and covered the crust edges with foil for the last 20 minutes so it wouldn't burn.

Ingredients

  • Chicken tenderloins (they were still frozen until they hit the pan)
  • 1 jar roasted turkey gravy (Heinz)
  • Zoe's seasoning blend
  • Olive oil
  • Smart balance
  • 2 roll-out pie crusts (Pillsbury)
  • Vegetable soup mix (Kroger brand)
  • A handful of peas and carrots mix (Kroger brand)

See, nothing fancy :) --I only used 1 jar of the gravy

Very, very simple

I seasoned the meat as it cooked

Casserole dish from World Market

The end result...I was too lazy to be fancy lol


Later gators!
RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment