Wednesday, February 29, 2012

In the kitchen again :)

I'm slowly trying to get back to my cooking self and not become totally dependent on Lean Cuisines. So last night I was back in the kitchen for another casserole-y dish. This time Corn Pudding.

One of my brother-in-law's birthday was yesterday and we had a "dinner party." I will use the word dinner loosely because even on a Tuesday night they PAR-TAYED!

Of course me being of the lamer variety...I went home probably as the party was cranking up (I was sooo sleepy).

Anywho, for those of you that actually try some of the food I post on my blog, thank you! And for my cousin C.N. I am sure you and the hubby will enjoy this.

I only make this for crowds and haven't tried a smaller version but it's so good you won't want a smaller version! Adapted from Cajun Corn Pudding on www.foodnetwork.com.
I use frozen corn...and frozen onions and bell peppers (time savers).

My mess of a counter of ingredients...I vary slightly from the recipe

The wet stuff...

I think next time i will start to cook the bacon first...as it never gets crispy this way

Mix it all together and what do you get? Ding Dong! (Sorry, childhood flashback)


I used an aluminum pan so I didn't have to worry about clean-up/getting my pan back. Placed the pan on a cookie sheet

I forgot to take a picture before I left home, so this is after transport in the flimsy pan

This recipe has been a hit every time I've made it and I've made it several times in the past few months. When I went to fix me a little more it was all gone. Go figure. I don't even know if my BIL actually got some and this was one of his presents from me!

I didn't list the ingredients because I vary slightly from the recipe and I don't use precise measurements. this is truly a dish to make your own.

I add a handful of Monterrey cheese and I like the color that red bell pepper adds (didn't have any this time). It is truly a delicious dish that is awesome with hot wings. If you try this recipe, please come back and let me know what you think!!

Happy Eating!
RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment