Friday, April 13, 2012

Pinterest Strikes Again!

Since joining Pinterest in January I have cooked, baked and crafted my way into a bad habit! LOL! I spend too much money on trying stuff, but I am loving every minute of it! I have been off for two days and I have completed two projects. But they were so much fun and filled some time where I would usually just be bored. To my friend Monico...THANKS for sending me an invite!!!

After seeing all of the magnetic makeup boards inspired by this one, of course I wanted to make my own. I took a trip to Goodwill, simply to browse. I don't even know what I went it there for. But lo and behold I found a frame. And inside of that frame was already a fabulous piece of fabric! I started taking it apart before I remembered to take a picture. So, here is the picture of it deconstructed.


I was a little saddened when I went into Lowe's and they told me that they don't cut sheet metal. So I ended up having to get 2 pieces that were pre-cut, but they fit perfectly inside of the frame.

A little spray adhesive, wood glue (I broke the frame) and voila here we have a new magnetic makeup board...Now the question is...will it hold all of my makeup? Probably not! But that's OK too. I can at least keep my favorites up there. I bought a roll of self-adhesive magnet but for some of my bigger items I need to get stronger magnets. I went to 3 different stores and they are cheaper at Walmart...I just have to go back and get them. But here is the result! I'm super happy with it. And this fabulous fabric goes wonderfully with the prints in my bedroom.


So, today in my boredom, I decided just to go and take a walk around Michael's. You know, just to see if anything stuck out at me. And I really have no clue why the pink ribbon called my name! But it did. So I decided that my front door needed to be dressed up a little bit for the spring. So, I made a wreath :). My fool self...didn't buy enough ribbon and I knew I would need more...but I was able to cover the naked side of the wreath properly with the felt...um...flowers lol. I think it's pretty and it makes me happy just to look at it! And of course I forgot to take a picture before I started...




I would like to personally thank all the people that follow me and those that I follow for inspiring me...and making me broke! Happy Crafting! :)

RoJo

**UPDATE**

Here is a picture of the completed makeup board. I finally got my most used makeup all magnetized and on the board. I found the little containers at the Dollar Tree and they already had magnets on them...now if I could just keep people from trying to take my lip gloss!!! 


No comments :

Post a Comment