Monday, May 7, 2012

Pound It Out

The past week or so I have been extremely stressed. And one of the absolute worst things you can do when stressed is eat. Well that is my go-to thing. All I have been wanting is sweets. Friday night I wasn't in the mood to bake anything so I settled for some Hershey's mini bars. Saturday I still had a hankering for something sweet and delicious...but I still didn't feel like baking. I think it was because I hadn't had any real sleep in a few days...sleepy food usually does not turn out well with me. I ended up going out for sushi for friend's birthday and they had Fried Cheesecake on the menu. I couldn't pass it up. It was awesome, but Sunday I still woke up feeling like I needed to bake something. Cooking soothes me and this time was no exception. So I flipped through my recipe binder for something and had no idea what I wanted to make. So the next step was to see what I already had on hand so I wouldn't have to spend any money. I had all the ingredients for a cream cheese pound cake. Yum.

I don't recall ever making a pound cake...usually my mom makes the pound cakes. Well, she recently had foot surgery so I dare not call her to ask her to make me a pound cake.

This recipe comes from Southern Living Magazine, November 2001
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/cream-cheese-pound-cake-10000000521679/

The hardest part was seriously waiting the hour and forty minutes for it to bake and letting it cool so I could cut it!

This recipe makes 1 10-inch cake

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups butter at room temperature
  • 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 6 large eggs
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Preparation

Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined.


Combine flour ( I sifted the flour) and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan.

  1. Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack.





I love this stuff...it already has flour in it!


That crusty part at the bottom...I just left it there...awesome deliciousness! 
No I didn't eat half the cake, I took it to work :)


This is a perfect, delicious pound cake! Now I just have to stop myself from eating the other half when I get home :)

Happy Monday,
RoJo


No comments :

Post a Comment