Thursday, May 31, 2012

Restaurant Review - M Fresh

It's been crazy busy in both my work and home life. I don't think I have turned my stove on in the past 2 weeks! Needless to say, today I didn't have lunch. Earlier in the week I survived on leftovers from barbecues that I went to over the Memorial Day holiday.

I ate way too much pork and decided I needed to lighten it up a bit today. I work downtown so I have an abundance of options...most of which are only open for breakfast/lunch.

I was totally supposed to meet my pal Jennifer for lunch, but again, work was busy and I had no clue what time I would be eating. It ended up being an hour after my normal time. I think she forgot about it anyway... I. Was. Hungry.

I decided to venture to a newer restaurant that boasts on being fresh and clean... M Fresh. The restaurant is owned by a lady that owns a few...well quite a few...other restaurants in the area. Her name is Michelle Wang. But she has M Vista, M Cafe, the chain of Miyo's...all super yummy. I actually met her a few years ago in one of her locations and she was super sweet.

I was a little disappointed at first because it took 10 minutes for the server to come and take my drink order. But I was excited to try something new and they were hella crowded. So I peeped the scene...did I just say that? Yes I did! LOL. It is a cute and simple, open space that is very contemporarily decorated.  I think I just made that word up. It was visually pleasing, but the lunch crowd was loud. I didn't mind so much since I was eating alone and had no one to talk to :(. I think the hostess picked up on my anxiety. She gave me some Asian Slaw to nibble on while I waited. I wasn't really impressed. It needed some spice or tang or something. But it was a kind gesture and was greatly appreciated.

This did not leave me excited about the food I was to receive. So the waiter finally came and I ordered a Raspberry Mojito Tea and a Fantastic Flounder Sandwich with Cucumber Salad. Here is the description from the menu:
Fantastic Flounder ....................................................$7.95
Baked ginger flounder with lettuce, tomato and baked 
eggplant on multi-grain bread with apricot spread

It lived up to the description. It was fantastic! I think this was the best fish sandwich I have ever tasted. Ever. I cleaned my plate and almost asked for seconds. The cucumber salad was equally delicious. 






I am sure I will incorporate M Fresh in my dining out for lunch experience...sans the Asian Slaw. You can eat fresh, and it's pretty inexpensive. And I LOVE that they serve the food on cool wooden eat-ware...yep another made up word. Great job M Fresh!

Visit their website for the touching story of why they decided to open M Fresh. www.gomfresh.com

M Fresh
Open M-F 9am-6pm
1237 Washington Street
Columbia, SC 29201
803.779.1688
Visit them on the web at www.gomfresh.com

If you try it, let me know! Maybe we can meet for lunch!

XOXO
RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment