Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Lazy, Bum.

I'm having way too many lazy moments. In fact, for this meal I opened the fridge and almost started crying because I wanted to go to sleep. But I was hungry, as I usually am by the time I get home from work. With no prior planning, I eyeballed a Marie Callender Turkey Pot Pie. I absolutely did not want that. Nor did I want to wait 45 minutes for it to cook in the oven.

Ok game on. What do I have? I had some tilapia and this little Fresh Takes deal that I picked up on my last trip to the grocery store.

I didn't know how this was going to end up, but it was worth a shot. So I preheated the oven to 375 and threw a bag of long grain and wild rice in the rice cooker. Being that I was less than excited to cook in the first place, I had no expectations of this dish lol.

I decided to make it "Special Extra" as the package suggested and dipped the fish in egg before I put it in the bread/cheese mix. First let me tell you that this particular one is very fragrant. I got excited when I got a whiff! 

I followed the package directions for fish. This was very easy. My rice was cooking away and I decided I needed a veggie. Frozen green beans it is! Then I opened the cabinet and eyeballed a can of field peas and snaps. WIN! I think this may have been one of the easiest meals I have ever cooked!

The fish before going in the oven
You smell this cooking the whole time. My mouth watered in anticipation. By the time the fish came out of the oven, the green beans and peas were done. As I started plating food, the rice cooker popped to "warm." This meal seriously took about 45 minutes with no prior prep or planning.
Fresh out of the oven
Easy, quick and very tasty! Works as a quick fix. I love that tilapia thaws so fast! I'm excited to try the different varieties of the Fresh Takes with other kinds of meat! The possibilities are endless! I hope you all have a great week!


Sending Chocolate Kisses,
RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment