Wednesday, October 17, 2012

October Round Up

Hey Y'all!

It's been a while since I've had time to blog. Sucks because I've truly missed you guys! I'm in the process of selling a home and trying to find another...in the midst of working and helping my sister with her wedding that is on November 3rd. Mouthful, I know. You should try living it all at once LOL!

So this post is going to be a sort of round up of what I've been up to the past few weeks. Just because I know you missed me like I missed you! :)

It may be another little break as I don't have internet at home anymore (or cable) and it's driving me crazy! 

Yummy food has been had...both homemade and dining out so here is what I have been up to.

The Diner may be one of my new favorite spots...located at 4405 Fort Jackson Blvd 29209. www.thedinercolumbia.com 

Shrimp and Grits

Pot Pie


A Few Pinterest Finds
I found this recipe for cubed steak on Pinterest and gave it a go. It doesn't look all that appetizing, but trust me this is the most tender cubed steak I have ever had. Ever! And it was easy and simple! I served it over whole wheat egg noodles. Find the recipe here: http://thepost-itplace.com/2012/01/crockpot-cube-steak-and-gravy/


Another find I had was for this honey mustard-y chicken. It had tremendous flavor, but during the cooking process the sauce burned. Badly. I was glad I lined the pan with foil because otherwise I would have had to trash it. Here is the link for the recipe: http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/08/man-pleasing-chicken/. Mine also wasn't as pretty as the one on the recipe. I used breast instead of thighs (I don't care for dark meat). But it was juicy and flavorful. I served it with yellow rice and roasted corn.

Sex...In A Pan
I didn't take pictures during the process of this and I kicked myself afterward. This has been added to my list  of favorite recipes. I've heard a few different names for it, but I like Sex in a Pan :). Here's the link: http://www.jocooks.com/bakery/cakes/sex-in-a-pan/. It is creamy and the crust is DELICIOUS! Super easy to make. I will be adding this to the menu for my sister's bridal shower next week.

Szechuan Chicken Stir-Fry
I found this on Pinterest and it didn't do it for me, so I'm not posting the link. It's pretty, but wasn't enough flavor for me.


Casa Linda Yumminess 
I love a good Mexican dish! Casa Linda is one of my favorite places to go. Me and my bestie ventured there to watch our Gamecocks play and this is what we dined on. I chose the soup because that's what I had a taste for. Added some of their house-made hot sauce and it was almost a winner. I say almost because the best Mexican Chicken Soup I have had in Columbia is from La Fogata. Miko had a yummy quesadilla.




Blue Ginger Asian Bistro
I'm a sucker for Asian Food. Let me rephrase that. I'm a sucker for GOOD Asian food. One of my favorite places is Blue Ginger. The downside of this is that they are located across town and I hate having to drive so far to get there! I'm obsessed with their Thai Mango wings and their eggrolls. I took my mom to dinner there after we went house hunting last week. She had the Spicy Thai Basil Chicken. http://www.bluegingerasianbistro.net/


In Memoriam...
My eldest brother died when he was 9, shot by another kid that was playing with a gun. This past week marked what would have been his 40th birthday. We held a candlelight vigil a celebration with family and friends. My sisters, brother, and my mom did all of the food and I did dessert. I made a Red Velvet Cheesecake (which I've shared here) and a Chocolate, Chocolate, and more Chocolate cake. Both were stellar. I'll blog about the chocolate cake the next time I get ambitious enough to make it. It took a long time to make and I didn't have time to take pictures during the process (I was running late). But it was superb. I say I'll never make it again, but I will LOL. It was moist and delicious and CHOCOLATE!

The inside of the above cake


Overwhelmed yet? The story of my life! In fact, I landed in Urgent Care...probably more so because I have been taking care of everything else first. But now I'm back to me and making sure I'm healthy and well. I hope you have enjoyed this post! Thanks for reading! Let me know if you try any of the recipes or restaurants mentioned here!

Stay tuned for a giveaway coming soon!!

XOXO
Ronisha

2 comments :

  1. Ro! That Shrimp and Grits from the Diner looks gooooood! I need to try that Blue Ginger place. It's so dang on far from me though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good! It had some kind of meat in the gravy too. And Blue Ginger...yes it is too far for me too (for the moment) but the food is sooo worth it! The owner made a point to tell me what kind of chicken wings he uses LOL.

      Delete