Tuesday, November 27, 2012

That's What Friends Are For!!

It's been pretty hectic and I don't see it getting any easier until after the New Year. Along with myself, I have 3 other friends that have recently moved or will be moving soon. The awesomeness that lives in some of my coworkers recently showed itself. I love awesomeness!

One of my dear friends, is also a coworker. So one of our other coworkers noticed that we have been super stressed with the moving process and so on, so she invited us to her home for dinner. Y'all know I am not one to pass up a meal! I was super excited for this one because our Friend/Coworker is Indian and was making us a traditional Indian spread! (insert mouth water). So off we went to Mona's.

We got there and I met her fabulous children (3) and all night I kept saying "I gotta get a kid!" That's truly how unique and amazing her children are.

We started off with appetizers of Samosas, Hummus and Mango Lassi. YUM!


So then it was the main courses, Curry Fish, Cucumber Raita, Non (bread), Rice, Dahl and a variety of dipping sauces that I can't remember all the names for! But I enjoyed everything except the spicy pickled garlic...it was um something LOL. She told me not to eat it and I didn't listen!



This was my favorite sauce :)

How cute are these serving trays?!

So after that feast...do you believe she was still trying to feed us dessert?! I had room for NOTHING! She made these little donut balls that were soaked in a sugary syrup...super sweet and some cheesecake, which I took a few slices home and ate for breakfast. Don't judge me!


And after ALL of that, she made us some Indian Chai Tea. Chai tea is my favorite. I could seriously drink the stuff non-stop. By the time we were about to leave, I thought I was going to have to be rolled outside!

In addition to all of this fabulousness, her youngest son made me a dream catcher and i must admit I haven't had a crazy dream since!

I love great people and Mona is truly one in a million! So Mona, thanks again for being such a great friend and so thoughtful! I can't wait until I can invite your family to dinner at my new place!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I hope you all have a fabulous week!

Until next time,
RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment