Saturday, December 29, 2012

One Of My Favorite Things

Caramelized Onions

In my previous post I stated that I used caramelized onions but didn't list a recipe. A few have asked me for it so here it goes! I love these little sweet things. To me they are like bacon. They make almost everything taste better! Have you ever tried them on a chopped bbq sandwich? Oh. My. Gosh! Devilishly good!

Caramelized Onions- My own recipe :-)

Ingredients
2 tablespoons unsalted butter - real, sweet creamed butter!
2 medium yellow onions -halved and thinly sliced 
Salt
Fresh ground pepper

Instructions
Melt butter in a heavy saucepan on medium-low heat until foamy
Add the onions, and let them cook, stirring rarely, until they are deep golden brown and caramelized, about 45 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper, remove from the pan, and let cool.


Easy Peasy!!!

Enjoy!
RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment