Tuesday, June 18, 2013

33 Weeks of Prenatal Bliss

Ok so that is a load of crap. The only blissful thing is knowing that in a few short weeks I will be able to officially meet my baby girl and shower her with love, hugs and kisses. The rest of this is really for the birds. This is a pregnancy rant so read at your own risk!

I want my body back! Aside from being high-risk for multiple reasons, I also have developed carpal tunnel in both wrists. I am no longer enjoying being pregnant. Boo-hoo, I know. I try not to complain, I really do. People laughed at Tamar Braxton-Herbert for her shenanigans on the show Braxton Family Values, and yes sometimes she did the most, but I feel her pain 110 percent! I just try not to be THAT vocal about it. Until now. And this will be the first and last...hopefully.

My feet are no longer my feet. They are swollen fat piggy sausages LOL. My hands hurt all the time and also resemble some sort of sausage/wiener. Everyone always says "I hope you are getting plenty of sleep because when the baby comes you won't get any." I feel like I don't even know what sleep is anymore. IF I can find a comfortable position to sleep in, it is promptly disrupted by painful hands, restless crampy legs or 5 nightly needs to go pee. When do I sleep? Usually at my desk when I'm supposed to be working and someone calls my name and then I realize I have practically drooled on my keyboard. Sometimes my eyes are open. Scary. OH! And the profuse sweating. I feel like I'm sitting in a sauna most of the time. Which is why my electric/gas bill is through the roof. 6 weeks and 5 days to go. But who's counting?!

I am going to the doctor every 2 weeks now. This provides me a lot of comfort because I can make sure my little boogie is progressing the way that she should and is doing ok. My last appointment I felt bad afterwards though. My doctor asked me if I had any questions and I didn't. I never have questions. What am I supposed to ask? I have no clue! I feel like they should be telling me what I'm supposed to ask LOL. Or at least what I need to know. I mean this is my first time creating life. Next appointment I'm gonna bombard her with all sorts of randomness that will at least make me feel like I'm getting my insurance's worth.

I keep reminding myself that it is much easier to take care of her while she is still in there and that helps a lot!

I had plans to finish the nursery last weekend so that I could try and figure out how to do this thing called REST that everybody keeps talking about. But that didn't happened. A couple of weeks ago I got her closet organized and I'm proud of how neat it looks. I just hope it stays that way!


And Sunday evening I got the glider and ottoman put together. Now I just need someone to come and feng shui for me. Any takers?


Thank you for letting me rant! I feel better already!

Happy Day folks!
RoJo


2 comments :

  1. Awwwww! Whoo whoo whoo! I don't know what to say but I hope it gets better! Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Key. I'm just trying not to lose the last few marbles I have left!

      Delete