Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Dropping Like It's Hot

Hey guys!

So I had my 36 week appointment yesterday. My doctor did not do a cervix check...she usually starts at 38 weeks. I guess the doctor that I saw last week starts earlier on her patients because she checked me...which only added to my angst. Furthering my frustrations, my doctor is still in a power chair and not able to bear weight on her leg. What is this going to mean for my delivery? Well, if everything goes ok, she will be able to deliver. If I need a C-Section, not so much. My birth plan consists of delivering a healthy baby. That's it. If we have to make a hole for her to come out of, so be it. I'm also just going to see how it goes without an epidural. If it gets too intense I will get one, if not, I won't.

3 more weeks. My baby is dropping deeper into my pelvic area so bathroom breaks come about every 45 minutes. Poor little bladder. I measured 34 1/2 weeks yesterday...which to me seemed super weird but she said it was ok. They are watching me closely because my blood pressure has it's own agenda, but so far no preeclampsia, thank God!

I think I felt my first Braxton Hicks contraction yesterday, but I'm not real sure about that. My doctor also told me that it was normal not to notice them as this is my first pregnancy. She assured me that when the real deal hits, I will know for sure that they are real contractions. I got the pep talk on reasons to call them:

  1. Not feeling the baby move in 4 hours...her instructions were to drink some cold water or fruit juice and lay on my side. If still no movement call.
  2. My water breaking. She said a "gush" but from what I have been reading it doesn't always happen as a gush.
  3. Contractions every 5 minutes for 1 hour.
  4. Fever, bleeding, and/or intense menstrual like cramping 
I feel like I left something off that list...

I haven't toured the hospital. I feel like a slacker for this, but when I called last month the lady told me to call back this month so I wouldn't forget anything she told me. I'm going to call her this week and hopefully she can get me in there soon. I'm pretty familiar with the hospital though and I know where the triage is located so I'm not too worried.

I have the baby's bag packed, my bag is partially packed and the car seat is installed. Hopefully I can have some energy when I get home one day this week to take pictures of the nursery and bags. I mostly go home, eat dinner and go to bed. In that order LOL.

I just wanted to give you guys an update because I know you care so much! Thanks for reading and I look forward to sharing more with you soon!

Have a happy day!
RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment