Monday, July 15, 2013

Quick and Simple

These days the last thing I'm thinking about is cooking. Anything. I just don't want to do it. I don't want to stand in front of the stove, I don't want to prep food and I definitely don't want to wash dishes. But I gotta eat. Being that I'm going to have to take some unpaid leave while I'm out, I had to make myself stop eating out so much. I should own my own Zaxby's by now! So now I am constantly thinking of ways to prepare quick, one dish meals. Chili is one of my favorite go-to meals and I already have some of that stashed in the freezer.

Last week, I wanted some chicken parmesan. I thought up this quick little dish and it was good! And it was a simple casserole that didn't take much time to prepare.


I didn't measure...just winged it so these are guesstimates

Ingredients
2 pounds of chicken breasts - cubed
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 clove minced garlic
Salt and Pepper to your liking
Half a jar of marinara (or your favorite tomato based pasta sauce)
Grated Parmesan cheese
Mozzerella cheese
Seasoned Croutons (garlic ones are yummy) - slightly crushed (I did this in a ziploc bag)

Your favorite noodles, cooked according to package directions. I used whole wheat spaghetti.

Preheat oven to 350
Combine the chicken, seasonings, garlic, and olive oil in a baking dish and stir to combine


Cover with marinara and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.


After 30 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle with grated Parmesan and Mozzerella. Then top with slightly crushed croutons. Return to the oven and bake for 30 more minutes.

You don't want breadcrumbs so don't bang them up too much



Spoon over your favorite noodles and VOILA! I wanted some broccoli to go with this but didn't have any. Nor did I take a plated picture (forgive me!).

It was simple and tasty. Add more sauce if you're like me and plated too many noodles :)

Happy Eatings!
RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment