Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Rest Assured!

37 Weeks Pregnant

Hey guys! This week has been full of tears and fears. And yes, I know it is only Tuesday. I had my 37 week appointment yesterday. I felt kind of off when I went in for my appointment, but I didn't know what it was. Nothing in particular was bothering me, I just didn't feel "right."

So I get to the doctor and I had to wait almost 30 minutes past my appointment time. This aggravated me. But nonetheless I had to make sure my sugar dumpling was doing ok. I got in the exam room and gave the usual urine sample and got my blood pressure taken. Oh boy, my pressure was high. The nurse thought it was the cuff she was using. So two cuffs later, it was still high. I was told to lay down - on my left side of course, and after a few minutes it was down to normal. I'm thinking PHEW!!!

Well, the doctor came in and gave me results from my glorious 24 hour urine test. And there was the dreaded protein. It wasn't enough to make the doctor too concerned but the mere presence of it along with my blood pressure being high was enough to put me on bed rest. So now I am on bed rest until I deliver.

I also had to get a bio physical profile done on my little noona. That meant getting an ultrasound. She passed with flying colors. But it was then discovered that my amniotic fluid is a little low. They like for it to measure 10 and mine is measuring 7.5. Sigh. This was the longest day of my life and all of this did nothing to make my blood pressure better. And this little girl kept her hands over her face the entire time so we couldn't get a picture of her face, but I will see her soon! She is her momma's daughter!

My BP was out of whack before pregnancy. In the beginning it was well maintained, but as life happened, I had to get back on medicine. So now, I'm on bed rest with the hopes that everything will improve. If it doesn't, I will be delivering next week!

As exciting as it is to have her birth impending, I wasn't expecting to be put on bed rest. But as the saying goes, if you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans. I have a couple things that still need to be put in order, but otherwise I'm as prepared as I think I can be. Now I'm just trying not to die from boredom. And this is coming from day 1.5.

I'm seeking all suggestions for what to watch on Netflix. Seriously.  Maybe in this time I can really get some pictures of what I have packed in the hospital bags. I'll see how that goes tomorrow.

I'll keep you guys posted! Keep me in your prayers as you are always in mine!

RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment