Thursday, August 29, 2013

6 Weeks Postpartum

Ok so I'm a few days away, but I had my checkup yesterday. All is well. I've been cleared to workout...starting slowly. And my doctor wants to see how I do off of blood pressure meds since my pressure has been really good. I hope this child of mine doesn't drive it up. OH MY GOSH! People say I'm the most prepared person they know. You cannot prepare for this!!

She is the sweetest baby ever...when she's asleep. She's spoiled rotten and that's my fault. But it's so easy to do when holding her calms her down. I don't know what she's going to do when I go back to work. It's going to be rough. For both of us. 

She is very alert during the day and loves observing everything. Around 10 pm we get "the witching hour," which seems to last all night. I don't know what time either of us fell asleep last night. I woke up at 6 this morning still in an upright position holding her to my chest with my glasses on. There is absolutely nothing you can do to calm them during this time. It's upsetting for the both of us. I know it will get better and I'm looking forward to it. Good thing I'm kind of used to not sleeping so I don't totally look like a raccoon. 

I bathed, fed and put her in her bassinet about 20 mins ago and now she's starting to stir. I should have napped instead of writing this post but I miss you guys!  My family and friends have been awesome in helping out. I really need someone here around the clock to help. Single parenting sucks ass!! 

Thanks for being my therapy. Nite folks. Gonna try to get in thirty minutes of ZZZZZZs. 

MUAH
ROJO

No comments :

Post a Comment