Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Baby Magic is 8 Weeks Old!

Baby Magic turned 8 weeks this past Sunday. I know, this kid has too many nicknames! I'm trying to figure out what works. I generally find myself calling her "Booga" which I'm sure she will not appreciate later LOL. Anyway, I digress.

When I called to make her 2 month appointment I was informed that she would be getting immunized (unless I didn't want her to). I'm not that mom though. She is getting her shots! If you don't believe in immunizations, your prerogative. Parents do what they feel is right for their family. Getting her immunized is right for us.

I get her to the doctor's office and she gets weighed. She now weighs 8 pounds 15 ounces! YAY! I'm proud of my little stinker, and proud of myself. She has doubled her birth weight! And I love her new doctor! I had to switch because the last one was a little insensitive and kept trying to convince me that I didn't know when I got pregnant...yada yada. So I had to switch to doctor that would work for us. She is meeting all of her milestones and doing great! She finally smiled at me yesterday and I almost cried! I was beginning to think she didn't like me!

Dairy isn't agreeing with her little system so I have to switch her to Soy formula. **Wishing my boobs would have cooperated and I had been a bit more determined to breastfeed.** After seeing the doctor, we went back to the waiting room to wait for the immunizations. My stomach was in knots like I was about to get 3 shots. I put her on the table and tried to kiss her and love her up to distract her, to no avail. I have never heard my little darling cry so loud and hard! Nor has she ever had a face full of tears! This broke my heart! I wish I could take the pain for her! Her little eyes were looking at me like "WHY ARE YOU LETTING THEM DO THIS TO ME?!" I didn't cry, but I wanted to!

She slept most of the day and night, only waking up to eat. She did not want to be bothered and her frowning face let me know every time that I woke her up. She had a low grade fever, so I gave her some Infant's Ibuprofen. I wish I had known the dosage for her age before getting there, but now I know for the next time. We get to do it all over again in two months. Mommy might need a Valium!

Mommy and Trinity

Game face! Gamecock Nation!

Grandma "Nani"

Great Grandma Ellen
Thanks for reading and have a blessed day folks!
RoJo

2 comments :

  1. beautifuuuullll !!! :)
    love your photos
    please check my blog and follow :P
    http://lamodedesjardins.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michajella! I will be sure to check out your blog!

      Delete