Friday, November 22, 2013

For the Love of Foam!

A Gevalia Sponsored House Party

Nothing beats hanging with loved ones. Nothing. It had been way too long since my friends and I just sat around and cut the bull. Winning this Gevalia party was a great way to get us all together. I chose to do Breakfast in the Noon Time...well because I knew I wouldn't have breakfast ready in the morning and that nobody would be on time if I actually did do it in it's "proper" time.

So off we went with it! House Party and Gevalia sent a few boxes of their new product to test, along with coupons and coffee stencils.

On the menu was:
Yogurt and Granola
Crockpot Grits (my new fave and go-to for large parties)
Hashbrown Casserole
Frittata
Turkey Bacon
Sausage
Whole Grain Croissants (store bought)
Southern Pecan Pound Cake
Peach Coffee Cake
An assortment of coffees and teas, Highlighted were the Gevalia Cafe Style beverages in Mocha Latte, Cappuccino, and Caramel Macchiato

We had a ball! And the food was stupid good! I didn't think I would be able to pull it off with Trinity hanging on my lapel (literally), but she was a trooper and I had some great little helpers to come and assist with her while I cooked/baked. My niece Madison even helped me bake the Southern Pecan Pound Cake! I dropped it trying to transfer it to a plate (insert Trinity screaming like a banshee), but luckily it fell it the clean and dry side of the kitchen sink! So I just cut it up and put it on a plate and no one was the wiser!


The Setup

Hashbrown Casserole



Southern Pecan Pound Cake



Crockpot Grits


Peach Coffee Cake


It really was a great time and I can't wait until we can all get together again! If any of you are interested in the recipes, let me know and I'll get the recipes to you! Crockpot Grits recipe below!

I think most of us enjoyed the coffee too! I had a few k-cups left...had. I drank them all so there! LOL Gevalia, please feel free to send me more!

Crockpot Grits Recipe
10 cups water
2 1/2 cups grits (not instant)
2 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. salt or salt substitute
A few cracks of black pepper

Add all ingredients to crockpot and stir to incorporate. Cook on low 6-7 hours, stirring occasionally. 

Happy Holidays and Seasons Eatings!
RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment