Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Running on Fumes!

I had the pleasure of throwing my dad a last minute birthday party. I'm not a fan of last minute. AT. ALL. I'm sure my family is aware of this. Aside from that, I was really tired and wasn't in the mood. But my dad is a rock star and does so much to help me...even if I have to nudge him a little.

At first he said a small drop-in, then I think he read the look of desperation in my face and said let's just go out to dinner. I thought I was in the clear. The next morning as I was dropping baby Magic off, my stepmom told me how he was talking all night about how I make the BEST finger foods and listing all the food he likes. Sigh. So for the man that has never had a birthday party, I agreed to do it. This was on a Thursday morning and the party was scheduled for the next evening. I had to work Friday so I knew this was not going to be easy. So after work I set out for the grocery store and planned on doing all of the prep work Thursday evening. I managed to pull this off and was home in the bed by 9:30.

Then came Friday...a full day of work and a night of cooking. Thank goodness I had the sense to pick things that could go in the crockpot!

On the menu was:
Buffalo Chicken Dip

Pizza Dip

Rotel Cups

Meatballs

Meat, Cheese and Crackers
There were also two kinds of chicken wings and the best sweet tea ever that didn't make the photos. Mainly because my feet started burning and I was so sleepy that I fell asleep before the party got off good! He was happy and that made me happy! You have to support those that support you, even when you don't feel like it! Dessert was some cupcakes from my favorite local bakery. I did not have it in me to bake!

And because the recipe for the pizza dip was specifically requested by one of my Facebook friends I'll post it below. Let me know if you are interested in any of the others! OH the Rotel cups look different from last time because I switched the cheese up. Stick to Cheddar! And use a good quality Mayo...the cheap stuff is disgusting and you can really taste it!

The big guy enjoyed it!


XOXO
RoJo

Pizza Dip 

This makes a small batch...double or triple it!
1 8oz package of cream cheese (room temperature)
1 small can of pizza sauce (I couldn't find a can so I used half of a jar)
1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
1 package of pepperoni...the cut of it is your choice

Spread the cream cheese in the bottom of a crock pot or baking dish
Layer sauce, then shredded cheese, then pepperoni
Bake at 350 until bubbly OR place it in the crock pot on low for a few hours like I did!
Serve with tortilla chips or toast points.

You can really make this your own and add all the toppings that you would add on a pizza. It comes together quickly and in our case it was the first thing gone!

No comments :

Post a Comment