Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Mug of Love

The weather has been crazy here in South Carolina. We've gotten much more snow and ice than we are used to. In fact, we aren't used to ANY! The state shuts down completely at the threat of snow or ice. Good thing though. Most of South Carolinian drivers can barely manage in dry conditions...

So we've been closing down everything and staying home. I, for one, enjoyed being home. During the week I don't get to spend much time with my little babe, so I thoroughly enjoyed the two breaks we had. I think she did too. She is now 7 months old...I can't believe it. I haven't done her photo shoot yet because I can't seem to get my internal clock to adjust enough to do it in the mornings. But soon...maybe this weekend.

The snow and ice in front of my garage...
The only issue that I have with being in the house is that all I want to do is eat! Most of it was good, wholesome food. But a good bit of it was not. I felt compelled to try new recipes which were mostly desserts. And I ate. It all.

So this weekend when the hankering kicked in overdrive for something sweet I did NOT want to bake a full recipe. Because I would then again, eat it all. I've been dying to make these cheesecake brownie bites but the recipe makes 4 dozen. I could see me now plopped in front of the tv watching House of Cards with a big bowl of brownie bites and the spray whipped cream. Sigh. I've got to kick this sweet tooth!

I took to old faithful Pinterest to find something easy that I could make one serving of. Enter the "Mug Cake." I was skeptical. But I had everything I needed in my pantry, the baby was sleeping, tv was getting good and I needed something to munch on.

Pinterest never fails me! I found this recipe and noted that it made two servings. I had no one to share with but that wasn't a problem! The warm gooeyness of the chocolate chips was a welcomed surprise! And no I didn't eat them both...that night!

These cute little mugs came from the Dollar Tree
This recipe came together very quickly and after 90 seconds in the microwave it was perfect! I saved one for dessert at work the next day. I stuck it in the microwave for about 35 seconds and it was all warm and yummy all over again!
One topped with Sugar Free Whipped Cream NOM
It was very satisfying and there wasn't a hint of raw anything. I think this is going to be my go to dessert. That way I won't be tempted to eat a whole cake! I'm excited to try this with some other varieties. I'll let you guys know how that works out!

The recipe comes from www.completelydelicious.com 

Two Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

Ingredients
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup (60 ml) whole milk I used 2%
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup (40 grams) self-rising flour
1/4 cup (50 grams) sugar
2 tablespoons (10 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup (43 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, milk, egg and vanilla. Add the flour, sugar, and
cocoa and whisk to combine.
2. Divide the chocolate chips between two medium microwave-safe mugs. Pour batter into the mugs
over the chocolate chips.
3. Microwave on "high" for 90 seconds. Check to see if the cakes are puffed and bounce back after
being lightly touched. If not, microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Serve immediately.

Note: If you don't have self-rising flour, you can substitute for 1/3 cup all-purpose flour + 1/4 teaspoon
baking powder + pinch of salt.


XOXO
RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment