Wednesday, February 5, 2014

About Last Night...Dinner and a Movie Review

Even through my single-dom I'm a sucker for a good romantic movie. I don't necessarily believe in fairy tales, but I do believe in happy endings. Especially for those deserving of it. I'm also a sucker for a good comedy. Laughing is good for the soul!

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of receiving free passes to see a movie that will be hitting the theaters next month. A romantic comedy with a well-known cast. Is it me or is Kevin Hart starring in EVERYTHING lately? I'm not mad at him though!

So...first I'll discuss dinner. I don't often get to dine out. Money is tight and I feel horrible when I leave my little babe after I've been at work all day. I know that I still must have a life outside of her, but I still hate leaving her. So I score these passes and secured a babysitter for the evening. By the time I got off work I was hungry. I asked my date where we should go and we played the back and forth game of restaurants in the area until we landed on a new spot I had never even heard of. Yes, let's go there!
Check out their website here: http://flaminggrillbuffetsc.com

Flaming Grill is housed in what used to be Bailey's Sports Bar...I didn't even know they had closed! (See I don't get out the house much!) You would never know the place was a bar! It's lit up like Christmas and has a ton of food of the Asian variety. Did I mention I'm also a sucker for Asian food? They have your typical Chinese buffet items. But what stole the show is the sushi bar! Freshly made and a large range of choices! For $9.99 it's a must eat situation! I was surprised at how much I ate! Oh, and they give military discounts! WIN! Go there you Columbia people! You can't beat the price for great sushi. They also have a hibachi bar and a chocolate fountain! Go there! It's been compared to Jasmine Buffet...I like Flaming Grill better.

Now for the movie...
About Last Night
First of all, I loved the cast. I'm a fan of almost all of their work. I think this movie kicks some serious ass! It wasn't too predictable and had so many hilarious scenes I can't even tell you how many times I almost died laughing! The movie is about two couples that are completely opposite and their ups and downs.

Photo from IMDB.com

This is the description from IMDB "New love for two couples as they journey from the bar to the bedroom and are eventually put to the test in the real world."

They are so dysfunctional that you can't help but to love it! I give this movie two thumbs up. I would even pay to see it!

The movie hits theaters on Valentine's Day and would be a great date night movie! Even if you don't have a "formal date" you should get together with your friends and check this one out...unless you are one of those people that hate seeing "lovers" together on V-Day...in fact, if that is the case you should just wait until the next week to go see it so you don't run into people who are celebrating after V-Day. I'm just saying!

But I thought the movie was well written and funny. I don't think it's been rated yet, but it should be rated R. There is a lot of profanity and obscenities but dang it's funny! I know I'm using that word a lot but it is. Or at least I thought so.

If you check it out, let me know if you like it or not! I would love to hear your take on it!

XOXO
Ronisha

No comments :

Post a Comment