Friday, March 21, 2014

A Little Bit of Happy

I have recently been very reminiscent. Having a baby changes everything. And I do mean everything. No relationship is the same. Some have gotten stronger, some weaker and some have plain fallen off completely. I try to take it as it comes, but it's a hard pill to swallow. I am a person that cherishes relationships and I try to do all I can to maintain them. Well, prior to having a kid I did more. Now, I just don't have much time. This makes me sad. One of my friends recently told me that my issue is I care too much. Is there such a thing? Maybe. I cherish those I love and if that is a crime lock me up!

Anyway, I started thinking about some of the things that make me happy and this almost always is food! The past few holidays I haven't made it to my grandmother's house as I usually do. One thing that always makes me happy during the holidays (the ones that I do make it over there) is my aunt Mary's Heavenly Hash. Except when she puts coconut in it! Then I'm just sad because I can't eat it! I just so happened to go in Walmart and decided to make me some happy. I'm glad I did! So I want to give you guys a little bit of happy. Not everyone is a fan and my version didn't come close to as good as hers, but it was still tasty and put me in a good place. Baby Magic stared at me like "Oh no you are not gonna eat that in my face!" And I had to put it away until she napped. She is my everyday source of happy!

So, paying homage to my dear Aunt Mary, here is my version of Heavenly Hash...I hope you enjoy!


RoJo's Heavenly Hash

8 oz cream cheese room temperature
8 oz sour cream
Large container of Cool Whip (the big one) thawed
1 can of pineapple chunks drained
1 can of mandarin oranges drained
1 small jar of maraschino cherries drained
2 cups of miniature marshmallows
2 apples cored, peeled and chopped
1 cup chopped pecans
(a few tablespoons of sugar may be added to sweeten)

Blend cream cheese, cool whip and sour cream
Add fruit and pecans to the mixture and stir well
(add sugar if desired)
Add coconut if you like
Chill at least one hour before serving

Then you dish it up and dig in! I guess some people call this Ambrosia Salad? Call it what you like, I call it happy!

Happy Spring!

XOXO
RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment