Saturday, March 22, 2014

Trinity is 8 Months Old!

I have always heard people say that babies aren't babies for long but you can never fully understand just what they mean until you are living it yourself! I can't believe my little boogie is 8 months old already! She is still a very happy baby...unless you take away something she isn't supposed to have in the first place. Like mommy's phone or iPad, the tv remote (her favorite), or something off the floor that she is trying to eat. Her feelings get hurt very easily and it breaks my heart every time she tears up because I took something from her...or stopped her from eating her shoe (on the rare occasion she isn't trying to pull it off).

What is she up to besides that? She started crawling at 7.5 months...if you can call it a crawl at all. She tries to stand with one leg and crawl with the other. When that fails, she resorts to this military-ish low crawl but always makes it to her target. She seems to like "walking" more than crawling. She is hilarious! She also enjoys playing the keyboard with her granddad and she bounces (her dance) at the sound of anything with music...be it a phone ringing, a commercial, or an actual song. She even makes an attempt to sing!

                

I am still doing a mixture of baby led weaning and feeding her purees...she gags a lot but has choked twice from stuffing too much in her mouth so it is still scary to give her whole food. Usually she chews like a champ. The purees are a mixture of store bought and homemade. She loves everything she's had so far, bananas, apples and roasted broccoli seem to be her favorites.

She sleeps through the night, and has for some time now. I've been lucky to not go through too much pain with sleep regressions (knock on wood). She wakes up smiling most of the time. She gets a little sad when I leave her. I suspect the sadness doesn't last long because she stays at her grandmother's house and gets loved up all day.

I'm still a single parent. She still has never met her father. This sucks, but I've sort of adjusted. She doesn't realize he's missing. And this is still the hardest thing that I deal with on a daily basis. Not sure anything can help with that. I'm blessed beyond measure to be surrounded with people that love both of us and that are willing to help us out. It means the world to me and is a primary source of my sanity. So to my village I say THANK YOU!!

The past 17 (9 pregnant + 8 months as a parent) months have taught me so much about life and love! Everyday my heart explodes over this little girl! I can't imagine life without her!



Be blessed good people!
RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment