Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Saga Continues...My Follow Up After Radioactive Iodine Therapy

Hey y'all!
Are you excited to get another post from me so soon?! Sure you are! LOL

Today I had my follow-up visit for the Radioactive Iodine therapy. It's been about 6 weeks. How do I feel? I definitely feel better than I did before I had the treatment. However, all is not cured. If I don't take my Lopressor (which I take 3 times a day), my hands shake, I still have rapid heartbeats (not as bad), and I still have sleep issues and sweats. I have not witnessed that weight loss side effect lol.

Don't get me wrong, I have noticed a DRASTIC improvement. But, my levels are still up and my thyroid is still engorged. Goiter. I hate that word.

What did the Doc say? Don't wear a turtleneck when I have to examine your throat. Duh. I don't know what I was thinking lol. And yes I know it's warm here...it's a short sleeved one lol. He said that it's measure 3 and before it was a 6. Good but not good enough. My levels are still on the higher side...but I don't remember what they were before. He wants to see me in 4 weeks for more blood and to see if it shrinks more. He told me that usually one treatment does it but there are some "special cases" and that he no longer performs the surgery. I was thinking I would have the surgery so that way I won't have to miss kisses from my princess.

Great. I'm praying that this thyroid of mine kicks rocks! I don't want to do another RAI treatment! I don't want to stay away from my baby and I don't want to do all the other stuff either (pouting like a 3 year old)! I do however, want to feel better. I do want to not get the jitters if I miss a dose of the Lopressor. I do want to sleep at night. I do want to stop having to carry an extra set of clothes because I get so sweaty. So if it is needed of course I will do it again. but I'm sending a prayer to God that it magically is diminished and I don't have to worry about it.

So I'll update you guys after the next visit...maybe next time I'll actually remember numbers.

That's all for now...

XOXO
Ronisha

No comments :

Post a Comment