Thursday, July 31, 2014

Hypothyroidism and Me

Morning loves!

I think it's been over 2 weeks since I started taking the thyroid hormone replacement medicine (Synthroid). I've been so crazy busy doing all kinds of stuff (2 trips to Louisiana, working, birthday parties, regular mommy stuff) that I really haven't taken a moment to see how I really feel. I think I feel better. I'm still having a few symptoms of hypothyroidism, which from what I heard, it can take years to get to the proper balance of thyroid replacement. Blah.

I'm still not sleeping well. Only last night can I blame on the baby. She was up every two hours like she's a newborn! But otherwise it's all this Hypo-Graves' madness. From what I've read once you have Graves' Disease, you always have it. I just wish some of these symptoms would SCRAM. Like for real.

Through my not so extensive research I have learned that my Endocrinologist kind of sucks. I've read all types of studies and articles about what I should and should not be doing. He didn't tell me any of this. All he told me was to take my meds first thing, with a lot of water and don't take any other medicines along with it. He told me nothing about these goitrogenic foods that I should avoid or prepare differently. Nothing about supplements that might actually help me feel like I'm 31 instead of 81.

So, I am planning to schedule an appointment with my primary care doctor soon. It's physical time anyway. Yay! Nay. LOL

I'm really looking forward  to winding down. A few more events for the summer and I think I'll be able to relax a little. A little. My friend has had RAI therapy and I hope to God that once her thyroid is dead she does not have all of these symptoms like I'm having. She's a busy little bee too so maybe we need to unwind together so we can hold one another accountable.

I'll keep you guys posted on any changes. Right now, I just need to focus on keeping my eyes open!

Laters!

RoJo

The pictures below are from my most recent trip to Louisiana to catch Jay-Z and Beyonce's On The Run Tour...and the fabulous cuisine of "The Boot!" Food from http://www.parrains.com/

Chargrilled Oysters

Seafood Stuff French Toast

Shrimp and Grits

My Sister and I



I was literally falling over when this pic was snapped LOL
Hey Kiks!!!



No comments :

Post a Comment