Monday, July 28, 2014

The Very Hungry Caterpillar 1st Birthday

Hi guys!
I finally have myself together enough to share Trinity's 1st Birthday with you! The past few weeks have been super busy. I tried to hand craft as much as I could beforehand, but I still felt like it was down to the wire with a lot of stuff. Overall I'm beyond pleased with the way things turned out! And since I've never done this much crafting at once, I'm super proud of myself!

I went with The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle because it is a story that she loves. I went back and forth with a few different themes but ultimately settled on this one because she LOVES books and this is one of her favorite stories...and I had tons of things already planned since this was also one of my baby shower themes!

I'm beyond grateful for everyone that celebrated with us. I am even more grateful for you guys being here in the virtual sense over this past year! It is been filled with love and pain but the good days definitely outweighed the bad!

Some things didn't go the way I expected...but everyone really seemed to have a great time and that is what matters! So thank you again to everyone that celebrated with us, physically or in spirit! We love you dearly!

I still can't believe my little boogie is 1! She kind of had two parties because I wanted to celebrate on her actual birthday too. It took her a little while to warm up, but she had a ball! So here is my version of The Very Hungry Caterpillar, birthday style! I wanted to do all of the food that the caterpillar ate, but ran out of time...some of it was still there in a different form lol. Major credit to Pinterest and Google for inspiration!

WARNING: PICTURE OVERLOAD!!!


From birth to 1!




Caterpillar Food

The "Loot" Bags. Caption reads: "Thank you for coming to my Very Hungry Caterpillar Party! Use this bag to keep up with all your goodies! Love and Kisses! Trinity Aleia This bag belongs to ____"
Bags were stuffed with Caterpillar Food, Eric Carle stickers and a thank you note




I bet you've never seen a pink tailed caterpillar! LOL 
Topper made from modeling clay


MJ's Chopped BBQ


Pasta Salad

Chicken Salad

Fruit Salad

Clothespin Butterflies


Caterpillar Coloring

Caterpillar Party Hats



Digital Storytime!


She wanted NO PARTS of that cake!

Ha! Fussing at her auntie Reese

One of the clothespin butterflies! Modeled/Created by Tam
Trinity and Mommy :)
The Photo Booth

Photo "Booth"
I have to give credit to www.desumama.com for this one! Thanks for the downloads!

And here is the video I made of her life thus far!


Here is a link to my Pinterest board. Too many different inspiration sites to list out! I found free graphics and downloads everywhere!

Thank you for taking the time to read this post! Let me know if you are interested in any of the crafts/recipes (except for the chopped bbq-it's pending trademarking) and I'll get the info to you!

Have a great week!

XOXO
RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment