Sunday, February 8, 2015

Busy Little Bee

What do you do when you are too busy to keep up with yourself? I'm having a hard time here lately. Between the chaos of work and the chaos of home...and temporary home, which is where I have to be when my house is showing MAN! I've also signed myself up to tackle several larger than normal baking gigs. For several weeks in a row. What was I thinking? Clearly I wasn't.

Don't get me wrong, I love to bake. It is usually my stress reliever and something I do in the middle of the night when my insomnia kicks in. Well, I had several people to ask me to provide desserts for their events. I typically don't do paid gigs because of the stress that is associated with it. Baking is no longer for fun when people are paying money and expecting a perfect dessert.

I, like most people, am not perfect! A lot of people tend to think that I am though (I'll never understand why). With money comes the headache of making sure everything is just right and sometimes not even getting to sample the creations. I often wonder "Is that cupcake done in the middle, is that cake going to fall, did I use baking soda instead of baking powder?" It's endless. And now that half of my kitchen is living at my temporary quarters, I have to try to manage to have everything I need in the proper place. Which I have NOT been doing lately and it's been causing me to buy double ingredients (my house is about 25 minutes away from the temp house aka my dad's and a grocery store is less than 5 minutes from his house). This in turn clutters a kitchen that isn't mine and it further drives me insane because I don't want anyone to be uncomfortable in their own home. On top of that, Boogie wants to be under me at all times. Especially when I'm in the kitchen. Not just under me, she wants me to hold her. I get nothing accomplished unless she's asleep.

I've had a few blunders. Thank goodness they were not jobs I was getting paid to do! I laugh at myself. Did you hear that? I mess up too! So for all of you friends of mine that won't invite me to dinner because you don't think you cook good enough for me to eat...get over it and invite me over! I'm not perfect in the kitchen. I mess up more than I'll ever admit!

So here are a few pictures of things that came out great and not so great...

These were SUPPOSED to be cookie brownie bites. They were delicious even though they fell apart. Then as they sat, they turned into rocks. No Lie. Fail.

Pink Lemonade cupcakes were a big HIT!! I was worried the frosting was too sweet but it was perfect for the cupcake!

Princess Wands for my niece's Frozen themed birthday party. The girls loved them!

Do you like warm hugs? This FAIL was supposed to be Olaf. He looks like he got too many warm hugs. The icing didn't firm up and it was crunch time so I just had to go with it. It broke my heart, but my niece said she loved it anyway. I heart her!

"Funeral Rolls" were a awesome for the Super Bowl! So easy to make and so easy to gobble up!

This little beauty was done as a practice round for my cousin's wedding that I have to bake for on Valentine's Day. The icing was difficult...Italian Meringue Buttercream. It was delicious but I'm never making this icing again!
Thanks for stopping by! Hopefully soon I will have some recipes to share with you! But if you follow me on Pinterest, I always pin my inspiration!

Wishing you all the best!
RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment