Monday, April 13, 2015

The Journey Continues

It's that time again! It's been 3 months since my last visit to my Endocrinologist. Last week I had my blood work done and I saw him this morning. Although I was slightly irritated that the nursing staff was off of their game and had me waiting after he had called for me twice, it was a pleasant enough visit.

He is an awesome doctor. From what I've heard most people hate him or love him. He is just fine with me. The visit was short and sweet. We always seem to spend more time talking about other stuff. Today's topic was food and both of our love for it. You guys aren't strangers to my love of food LOL.

But anywho, my Synthroid dosage STILL wasn't enough. In his words, "You're a big woman, it is just gonna take some more for you." Y'all should have seen the look on my face, and then I burst out laughing. Truth be told, in my own eyes, I'm fat as hell. He said once the dosage is at the proper amount, it will be a little bit easier to lose weight, with the proper effort of course.

How am I feeling? Much better than when I saw him last. I don't have bouts of narcolepsy any more. I still go to bed super early, but I don't think that will change as long as I have to get up before the chickens every morning. I have very achy joints still. In the past month I have been tested for Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus. Both of which came back negative (thank God). So I guess it's just a side effect of the Graves' Disease, or just regular ole arthritis in ALL MY JOINTS. Oh, I have carpal tunnel in both wrists and have weekly occupational therapy...and will eventually have surgery for them. Blah. I also can't take NSAIDs (Motrin and other anti-inflammatory medications) because of my stomach issues and Tylenol does NOTHING for my pain. So I mostly suffer through it.

So, we will see how this round of new meds go! Hopefully I will turn into a big ball of energy that spends at least 30 minutes a day on the elliptical (that is in my house) instead of closing the door every time I walk past it LOL.

Onwards and upwards! I hope you all are doing great and wish you nothing but happy days!

XOXO
RoJo

2 comments :

  1. I love the positive outlook you have! It sucks about the joint pain and I really hope it gets better. :)

    ReplyDelete