Monday, May 4, 2015

May the 4th Be With You!

I know that's everybody's tagline today, but I couldn't resist!

In honor of Cinco de Mayo (tomorrow), I wanted to come by and share a really quick and yummy recipe with you all! As you all know, the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight was this weekend. Since our annual margarita day falls on a Tuesday, my sister decided to host a Cinco de Mayo themed fight party. It was awesome!

There were nachos, quesadillas and taco dip on the menu. Remember that taco dip I made last year? I got a picture of the finished product this year and it was even better!


The taco dip was requested, but I couldn't see a Mexican dinner without margaritas! So I opted to make margarita Jell-O shots!

They come together pretty quickly and you can use any flavor you'd like. I opted for the traditional Lime and not so traditional Watermelon. The lime shots seemed to be a little stronger than the watermelon, but both were yummy!

Margarita Jell-O Shots

6 oz Lime flavored Jell-O
2 cups boiling water
7/8 cups cold water
1/8 cup lime juice (I used the juice out of the little plastic lime)
3/4 cup COLD clear tequila (I used Jose Cuervo)
1/4 cup COLD triple sec

Mix boiling water and Jell-O. Stir until dissolved. Let cool slightly and mix in all other ingredients. I usually mix in a pitcher or big measuring cup so that I can pour easily. Pour into individual shot glasses (or condiment cups like I used) and chill until firm. You can add salt or sugar when the jello is  almost firm.

If you use cold alcohol, the shots will chill much faster. I think mine took about an hour to chill...but I turned the temp on the fridge down so it would be colder.

You can sub any flavor of Jell-O. I bet pineapple would be good! If you decide to try it, let me know how you like it!

Drink responsibly!

XOXO,
RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment