Thursday, August 6, 2015

Hello 32!

Yesterday was my 32nd birthday! First giving honor to God! I'm so grateful to be in the number one more time!

I had a very relaxed day. Boogie and I hit the streets early and did some shopping and some browsing. For MY birthday, I bought her a brand new set of twin mattresses. I know this is going to be a struggle, but I need her out of my bed! She's smitten with the new bed but not so interested in sleeping alone LOL.

My family came over and hung out and brought food...it was delicious! I made a new recipe...I'll share it below and I made myself a cake. Every year someone asks me, "Why are you making your own birthday cake?" Well, I usually have some recipe up my sleeve that I want to try...or I don't want them to have to cook AND bake. My younger sister Sherise helped me with the baking and the making of the newly tried recipe. She's a fine Sous Chef!

I'm so grateful for the calls, texts, Facebook messages, gifts, thoughts and prayers. I appreciate everyone who took a second to think about me on my birthday. Love you guys, for real!

Here are  a few pictures from yesterday's shenanigans. I tried to stay out of them because I was a hot mess. I waited until the very last minute to bake my cake, which resulted in it being lopsided and not having time for a proper crumb coat. But they said it was delicious. I have yet to eat a slice! I had to make sure I got a slice to bring to work because there wasn't much left!


And of course I have been racking up on the birthday coupon usage!




 





 
I've been waiting 2 years to make this cake!

The greatest Sous Chef EVER!
It's not pretty but it sure was tasty!
Cheesy Chorizo Caramelized Onion Dip
Recipe from: http://www.foodiecrush.com/2012/09/cheesey-chorizo-caramelized-onion-dip-recipe/


Ingredients
  • 2 cups onion, chopped
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • ⅛ teaspoon thyme
  • ½ chorizo sausage, about 6 ounces
  • 8 ounce package of cream cheese
  • ¼ cup mayonnaise
  • ⅓ cup mozzarella cheese
  • ¼ cup chopped chives or green onions
  • kosher salt
Instructions
  1. Remove chorizo from casing and cook in a medium skillet over medium high heat for about 10 minutes, chopping with spoon and stirring occasionally. Set aside.
  2. In another skillet, melt butter over medium heat and add onion. Add thyme, season with kosher salt and lower heat to medium-low and cook onion for about 20 minutes until onions become soft and caramelized.
  3. In a medium sized bowl add cream cheese and mayonnaise and mix well until smooth. Add mozzarella cheese, caramelized onions, green onions and mix well. Gently fold in chorizo. Pour into a 2 cup baking dish.
  4. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degree F for 12-15 minutes or until dip is golden and bubbly. Garnish with additional green onion and serve with baguette slices or tortilla chips.

I doubled the recipe...I used a 16oz roll of Chorizo sausage. I added fresh cracked pepper. I served it with tortilla chips. It worked out well and is a recipe I'm keeping in the vault!

XOXO
RoJo

**Cake recipe from http://www.thelittleepicurean.com/2012/02/rainbow-cake.html
I covered it in my favorite buttercream :-)

No comments :

Post a Comment