Saturday, February 6, 2016

Disney Descendants Cupcakes

Hey guys!

It has been entirely too long! I totally understand if I have lost all credibility as a reliable blogger. Sorry! Life...it's still happening and taking up 30 hours of every day!

I wanted to share the cupcakes that I made for my niece's 8th birthday. She had her friends to meet her at the skating rink, but still wanted a theme. Her theme was Disney Descendants. Her favorite character is Mal (the daughter of Maleficent).

I had to do some research because I had never heard of Disney Descendants, but apparently it's all the rave right now. Even my little Bookie is obsessed for the moment!

I used my favorite vanilla cake recipe for the cupcakes, made lime green buttercream and adorned the cupcakes with black and purple hearts (Mal's icon), Maleficent's headpiece and some little sugar pearls. I loved them...the kids mostly just wanted to skate lol!




I found the icon online, printed multiple copies on one page and melted candy melts to trace the images. I placed parchment paper over the images so they would release easily. Go kind of heavy on the candy because they will break easily!

Same thing with Maleficent's headpiece.


Let them set a few minutes to harden then gently remove them from the paper and top your iced cupcakes.



What do you guys think?

XOXO
RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment