Monday, April 10, 2017

Disneyland!

In an amazing twist of fate, I was able to go visit one of the most magical places on Earth! I had never been to any Disney park! People always looked at me crazy when I said that, but now I can't say it anymore. We grew up poor. I'm not ashamed to admit that. It is the driving force behind me working to be able to do some of the things I wasn't able to do as a child, so there.

I. Did. Not. Take. My. Child. Why? Well, because I didn't want to buy a full price ticket to fly her to California and two because my sister and I needed some bonding time. Again, I had never been, so I wanted to see what I would be getting myself into when I take her later, to the Florida parks.

I. Had. A. Ball! It really is impossible to have a bad attitude. Even when you are being ran over by strollers and motorized wheelchairs and waiting in impossibly long lines. The atmosphere is remarkable! The weather was perfect!

What did I love?
The rides. Hyperspace Mountain (INSANE), Toy Story Mania (I think this was my favorite), Radio Springs Racers, Soarin' and the list goes on. We had so much fun!

The only ride I did NOT like was It's A Small World. Why? Because I felt like someone had force fed me psychedelic drugs and made me look at these creepy dolls that were singing the same song in different languages and it was just a sensory overload! I didn't like it and I wouldn't do it again!

The food. Some of it was like really good and some wasn't. What I enjoyed?  Breakfast at Carnation Cafe'. The potatoes stole the show. In the California Adventure Park, they had Pineapple Cotton Candy. PINEAPPLE COTTON CANDY!!! It was delicious! And apparently seasonal and has no affiliation with Dole Whip...which...OMG! Every blog I read told me that I HAD to try the Monte Cristo sandwich. I tried it. I ended up picking the meat and cheese out and just eating that. I think that says more about me than it does a dozen bloggers though!

If you have never been, do go and have a ball. I look forward to taking #babymagic because I know she will absolutely lose her mind.

We did 2 day park hopper passes and honestly could have gone several more times. We didn't get to see or do everything, but it was truly magical!

What would I recommend?

1. Don't take your selfie stick. You will have to throw it away. I learned this the hard way because I didn't read the rules before going!

2. Wear comfortable shoes and clothes. Pack a poncho if you are going to do water rides.

3. Take your own drinks and snacks. Not so much that it would add too much weight, but those snacks are NOT cheap. I mean definitely eat some of the Disney food, but not all Disney food.

4. Pack your patience. Lines are long for everything. Use the FastPass system. Get FastPasses for the most popular rides first thing in the morning.

5. Go for multiple days. You can't fit it all in a day. Especially if you have little ones. They wear out fast. I wore out fast. LOL

6. HAVE FUN!

We were also able to eat at the famous Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles and it was delicious! I almost ate the chicken bones!

Until next time..
RoJo

Kiks and I

Pomme Frites (eat these!)

Pineapple Cotton Candy

Monte Cristo

I ate Mickey's ears

Gumbo Crepes

Fritattas from Carnation Cafe
PS- I must also share my disdain with the lack of merchandise available for the ethnic Princesses. I mean, I couldn't even find Tiana in New Orleans Square.

No comments :

Post a Comment