Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Baby No More, Baby Magic is FOUR!

Like seriously, where did the time go?

She was just a wee little thing yesterday! Now she is sassy, independent and full of honesty. Like FULL of honesty. She knows nothing about your feelings so she doesn't give 2 cents about hurting them. The kid just tells it like it is. And I hope she never changes.

I decided not to have a party this year. But guess what? It turned into a party anyway! Friends don't let friends eat cake alone apparently! It was awesome! The night before I baked her cake. She refused to go to sleep so I let her decorate some of the extra cupcakes. She insisted on licking ALL the frosting when we were done. When she finally went to sleep, I hand pumped what seemed like a thousand balloons - and my carpal tunnel is still yelling at me about it. I put the balloons on the floor in her room so she would be surprised when she woke up. She was! She woke up singing "Mommy, it's morninggggg, it's my birthdayyyyyyyy!" She's so stinking cute!



After I got her out of the bed and asked her what she wanted for breakfast (pancakes, bacon and watermelon), she got to open her gifts. Her big gift from me was a trampoline. Thank goodness for my dad and brother putting it together! I wouldn't have made it in this Carolina heat! Her auntie got her an Our Generation Ice Cream Truck. This was her 2nd most requested gift. She's rotten, but she's my rotten big girl so I don't care. FYI, if you buy this thing from Target, take all the pieces out before you try to give it to the kid. It took me 45 minutes to get all the tape, zip ties and plastic parts off so she could actually play with it!

For party food, we had hot dogs...I totally forgot to put out the cheese balls. I literally just remembered that I didn't do that! I also made a pan of chicken spaghetti and a pan of baked spaghetti for the night time. Her cousins (and their moms) slept over. I also failed to cook the corn and garlic bread. I kind of sucked this year LOL! Fun was had by all. The requested Ice Cream Bar made a comeback and even the big kids (adults) enjoyed this. I never seem to get a picture of the ice cream because everyone's hands must stop working when the ice cream comes out of the freezer. It included: a bucket of Neapolitan ice cream, waffle cones and bowls, marshmallows, gummy bears, sprinkles, maraschino cherries, mixed nuts, chocolate magic shell and whipped cream. Delicious!

For the cake, I went with a Moana theme. She asked me for a "Barbie Skipper and Chelsea cake with black frosting" but we couldn't seem to find what she was looking for exactly and she wouldn't take anything less than what she wanted. So I convinced her (two weeks of convincing) that she wanted a Moana cake. She was so happy with the results that I almost cried. I feel like I need to have a camera crew follow us on special occasions because I can never capture the moments when they actually happen.


Her birthday fell on a Friday, so I kept her out of school so we could hang out just me and her for a little bit. Since she wasn't going to be there, I made treat bags and sent them the day before, in lieu of cupcakes.

I'll do a tutorial soon on these and update this post with the link.



All in all, we had a ball and she really enjoyed her day and spending it with everyone that loves her! This journey has been so amazing! It goes by so fast!



I appreciate you all for sharing in this learning and growing experience with me!

XOXO
RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment