Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Girls Trip Movie Review

Go. See. This. Movie!

It’s raunchy. There are a lot of curse words. There are a lot of sexual references. There is a ton of comedy!

This is an adult movie. Don't take your kids to see this one!





I seriously don’t know the last time I laughed so hard! This movie is HILARIOUS from start to finish! I’m going to see it again!

Tiffany Haddish rules this movie! We know all of the other leading cast members and they hold it down. Tiffany Haddish delivers! She has been on the scene for a long time! I love her in the Carmichael Show, and I’m sad that it’s ending. I hope that the success of this movie gives her the big break she deserves.

I can NOT not mention the beautifulness that is Kofi Siriboe! His breakout role in Queen Sugar showed us all of his God given beauty…but something about all that chocolate in New Orleans!!! WOOSAH! He too has had several smaller roles but is now being recognized for having a lot of amazing...talent!

I also must acknowledge what seems like the resurrection of Larenz Tate. Where have you been hiding Larenz? You are still looking good though brother!

So what is it about? 4 college friends who have lost touch over the years due to life and all that comes with it reconnect. One is a popular author that has been invited to be the keynote speaker at Essence Fest and she decides to take her best girls with her. The Flossy Posse shows up and shows out! It's not without drama, but the love and laughter overpowers everything else. It teaches us to cherish our loved ones while we have them and to knuck if you buck when necessary! 

My takeaways:
Apologize when you are wrong.
Don't leave your friends hanging.
Make up a dance routine with your girls because you never know when there will be a dance battle.
Trust your instincts and follow your heart.
You are in control of your own happiness. Don't give anyone else that power.
Have safe sex.
Enjoy your life. Have fun!
Go to New Orleans (Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest, Essence Fest or just a random Tuesday)!
When your friend bedazzles you a jacket, wear it!

I don't want to give it all away so just go see it! This movie delivers. It made me want to reconnect with all of my friends that I’ve lost touch with and fly down to the BOOT! Go see it if you haven’t, and take all of your girlfriends with you! 

To any of my long lost gal pals that may be reading this, know that I love you and I miss you!


XOXO
RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment