Saturday, July 29, 2017

Moana Number 4 Cupcake Cake

Hi guys,
Here is a quick guide for how I came about making Baby Magic's 4th birthday cupcake cake. Don't you just love cupcake cakes? I do. They are easy. you can form them into anything you want them to be and there is NO CUTTING! Makes for easy serving!

Disclaimer - I ordered the figurines from Walmart.com and they SUCKED! Moana is NOT Moana. There were a lot of paint transfers and some of them were disfigured so I couldn't use them. I opened the pack the night before to clean them and by that time it was too late.

I always draw out my design so I know what each section of the cake will be. I didn't take a picture (sorry).

Here is a tutorial in pictures.


I made palm trees out of pretzel sticks, green candy melts and used chocolate chips for coconuts.

Fill any large gaps between the cupcakes with frosting or marshmallows. I usually use marshmallows because I don't like to waste frosting.


The beach sand is graham cracker crumbs. I used a grass tip for the raised grassy areas.



I used an open star tip to make the ocean


The bootleg Moana.
The completed cake!!
This made my daughter happy, so it made me happy!


Here is a Paw Patrol cupcake cake I made for my friends' daughter earlier in the month. I forgot to take pictures before I iced it. And this is one that I ended up freehanding because my design wasn't going the way I thought it would! Nobody's perfect, but they were happy with the cake! I wanted it to be a little girlie so I gave it roses!




XOXO
RoJo

No comments :

Post a Comment